Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dieselmeken superpump with 7.5 elements. I have a turbo om617 in a 1999 wrangler with an ax15 behind it. It runs great have been getting about 23mpg. I need help installing my m pump onto it as it looks a lot different. This pump is brand new from Dieselmeken it has never been installed. It has his outside Alda system on it I get that it hooks into the intake manifold for boost pressure . My question is where my lift pump is on my pump there is just a plate on his? Do I need to buy a m style lift pump? Did they even come with lift pumps? It also Came with a bag of o rings and crush washers and I’m not seeing where they would even go. I have a spare mw pump that I’ve been looking at Judging the differences. I just don’t want to tear my pump out and not be able to instal the m pump and then the Jeep is down. Has anyone installed an m pump before. ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really want more power lol 😆

·
Registered
199 Posts
The mechanical lift pump is generally not able to supply adequate pressure to a hot injection pump at higher rpm due to increased fuel delivery rates. Most people would install an electric Holley pump and keep the stock lift pump blocked off. You can put a stock lift pump back on it, but you may lack full fuel delivery at high rpm and full throttle.

I hope you have an egt monitor, a nice large turbo and a big intercooler. Otherwise it isnt going to last very long.

I have a Dieselmeken superpump with 7.5 elements. I have a turbo om617 in a 1999 wrangler with an ax15 behind it. It runs great have been getting about 23mpg. I need help installing my m pump onto it as it looks a lot different. This pump is brand new from Dieselmeken it has never been installed. It has his outside Alda system on it I get that it hooks into the intake manifold for boost pressure . My question is where my lift pump is on my pump there is just a plate on his? Do I need to buy a m style lift pump? Did they even come with lift pumps? It also Came with a bag of o rings and crush washers and I’m not seeing where they would even go. I have a spare mw pump that I’ve been looking at Judging the differences. I just don’t want to tear my pump out and not be able to instal the m pump and then the Jeep is down. Has anyone installed an m pump before. ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really want more power lol 😆

1 - 3 of 3 Posts