Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
2,665 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
They give you a min amount of shims in the test spec then the tech can fine tune the advance from there. What is your pump number I can tell you what spring you have. That thread was right on though it does Increase Nox emission's but youll get better fuel mileage (more time for the burn) and better throttle response. You can go to far though and youll get a ping.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My pump number is 460 426 114. Can you provide the spring part numbers, the colored springs? And can you fine tune timing of the pump as easy as backing off a bit if you have ping?

I gotta tell ya, if you can hear a ping while one of these is running, your hearing is much better than mine...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Where can we buy the seal kit?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To reseal the injector pump? In the last year I bought one generic seal kit off ebay and I bought one recently at the local Authorized Bosch diesel pump shop. The Bosch p/n is DGK121 it cost me $19 and is definately a better kit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Bosch parts list shows:
P/N
1 464 619 320 = 36.90mm long spring
1 464 619 318 = 37.10mm
1 464 619 314 = 37.40

This indicates a length variation is used to change the advancement curve. Unless they also have different spring constants.

I also noticed that there are no other shim sets offered, maybe indicating you swap them around to get different response curves.

Anyone see different spring numbers in their Bosch parts list for their I/P?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts