·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What are you talking about?
It comes with a cool wooden crate to sit on....problem solved! :D

Looks to have spent a LOT of time out in the weather :(
Like, since 2001? That what the engine tag says
Well, while it's true that I could probably use more fiber in my diet, I don't think splinters are the way to get it. Though, a ride home from Ohio on that as is might just solve the need for fiber for a while..

GreasedPiggy-

Loved it! I wonder if the helmet was a safety idea, or just a way of dealing with high-speed bugs to the face?

Now, the thing is I've seen stuff that's not far from that running the roads here, legally registered. Swamp buggies, sand rails, glorified go-carts. Got lights, bumpers, seatbelts, mebby a roll bar? You, sir, have yourself a vee-hickle!

CrewCab59-

Yeah, first one I've seen in-chassis, too. If I'd seen that before I plunked down on the Frito Bandito I bought.. I'd be highly interested. Wonder if the Allison is set up for 5 or 6 speeds? (Or, as I've heard can be done.. 7???)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Me wanty

Me wanty, me wanty, me wanty, me wanty

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, that Pi**es me off!! that's in my town, and me without $$

DARN!!!!!

Pantherman
So.....

If someone on here grabs it, we know we've got a local place to take it and yank what we want? :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
I wish :tongue: I have not the tools or expirence in removing motors, I have a friend (that I know from College) 210 miles west of here that I have to take my project to, to get assembled.

Pantherman

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok, I know I am still knew here, but what exactly is it that you have now seen in a chassis for the first time?

Is it the fact that it is a cummins with an allison on the end of it?

Also, is this particular engine a little more rare?(and $$$) I just ask because of the hp and trq on this motor is, well, great for my 1/2.

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well, if I'm right, that's an ISB 170 3.9 4cyl full computer control, 4valve per cylinder, 170HP. Yes, a $$ motor. Basically the same as the 24V 5.9 less 2 cylinders. Except, if I'm looking at this right, that's a rear-geartrain engine (cam and other gear-driven stuff has the gears at the rear of the engine..)

That, bolted to the Allison, would be a nice combination, at least if you're into the automatic transmission conversions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts