Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sure you can run it on a test stand. All my engine prior to install get run for quite a few hours on my stand. To do it properly, you will need everything hooked up you would normally have on a truck. Fuel, Radiator, fan, all gauges, alternator. Running on a test stand will give you a much better idea of what you have.

Here is a link to how I built my test stand;
http://imageevent.com/moosecreekmaple/testfixture

Paul

·
Registered
808 Posts
P100;
Yes, you will need to hook up the starter, fuel line and return fuel line, 12 volts goes to the fuel solenoid thru a switch. Turn off switch, no 12 volts to solenoid and egine stops. The fuel solenoid is located at the rear of the Bosch VE Pump. There is no need to elevate the fuel tank.

Hard Charger;
Sure you can borrow the Bandit. Just bring a Sweet Young Thing to keep my mind off you driving the Bandit LOL

Steve;
I just pulled the 318 from the Yellow Power Wagon (Bumblebee) Soon after Christmas, I will be dropping a 4BTA in her.

Paul

·
Registered
808 Posts
I am not sure I have a Fuel switch. There are no wires coming out of the fuel pump. Does anyone have a picture of how this should look like? If I don't have one how do I turn the moter off?

Josh
What injection pump is on your engine. Being a 98, I am not sure what pump you have.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts