Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a challenge for all of you 4bt gurus. I found this engine for sale but there aren't any details on it. Maybe you all have an idea as to which 3.9 it might be from the pictures. Sorry the pictures aren't very good.

Kyle

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any ideas as to what this engine might have been used in?

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
:confused: It looks as though it was intercooled by the forward facing intake, It has a large chassis GM alt and the low GM style turbo, My uneducated guess, from what I have read and seen here I would think it was removed from a Chevrolet chassis van? Like I said uneducated guess.

???4BTA???

·
Registered
425 Posts
My 4BTA has a similar if not the same intake and mine had a mechanical fan too. That turbo has a wastegate just like mine which could be a 12cm turbine housing.

Mine came out of a 1980 chevy P30 stepvan and had the intercooler. Tag says 120hp and 305lb and is a '92. No tag on the gear cover?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Short of calling to find out more these are all the pictures I have. I thought maybe I had gotten lucky and found a p7100 but after comparing pictures I think it has to be a ve pump like the one in boots4's picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts