Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, something funny here, and that's not funny ha ha! I called Cummins Customer Assistance awhile back to get info on my engine, and it was nearly a complete waste of time. All I did get out of the guy was injector info. and that may be incorrect.

Told him I have CPL 858 with injector #3912468 according to engine data plate. He said, "Those are the wrong injectors for that engine." but wouldn't explain why. Then he said my engine uses 7mm injectors. From my research the 3912468 injector is 9mm, and that's what the engine data plates says is in it! So no way I can use 7's unless I throw away the head or use some kind of adpater.

Anybody got any info on these injectors? Thanks!

JimmieD

·
Registered
75 Posts
the old heads, 9mm can use a 7mm injector . You just nead a special coper washer with a built in spacer. You can get them from Cummins.

·
Banned
427 Posts
use the large injectors not a problem. and if you want 7 mm injectors just install the reducer bushing not a problem also.
bob

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. But I'm trying to find out just what I've got and why they're different from normal 0858 specs. I found rebuilts of mine for about $50 each, but would like to know if there's other more desireable injectors, so need to know what I've got. I'll call the rebuilder Monday, but thanks for that information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts