Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of pulling a few parts off my 93 ctd that suffered unfortunate rodent damage and I just don’t feel like messing with it for now. Truck has 5x14 vco injectors with a 145* spray pattern.

a: is this the correct pattern for my 4bt cpl767 and
b: with these play nicely with my “super” hx30?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
Piston bowls on CPL767 would be 155 deg so a 145 deg injector probably isn't a problem. Big problem is going to be the 5x.014 injectors. Those are huge. We've had guy try to run those but they didn't like them. The VE injection pump doesn't seem to like them either. You'd need twin turbos to even come close to burning that much fuel. Stock injectors on that engine were 4x.012 and those could get you a little past 200 HP. Guys running twins in the 300 HP area usually use 5x.012 injectors. A Super HX30W is a great turbo but it will probably run out of air near 250 HP. The 250 HP 4bt marine engine had 5x.012 injectors, a P7100 pump, and a water cooled HX35W turbo. If you're shooting for around 200 HP the stock units a plenty big. You could use the 5x.012 injector and get close to the 250 HP mark but the limit is going to be how much air volume the turbo can produce.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like not worth it. I have no desire for high hp on this truck, more of a “ ive got em might as well use them” train of thought.

truck they came off of has a mild twin set up and spooled them in almost electric motor fashion.

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
Was the truck they came from a VE injection pump or a P7100? Must remember the VE injectors pop at a different pressure than the P type. With twins there would be air to support those big sticks but they wouldn't be practical with a single.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes I did them, I noticed some ass dyno throttle response and my Mpg went up, mind you I also replaced my o2 sensor and a few other things while I was under there but that was the only part that was swapped and upgraded everything else was oem replacement 192.168.100.1 stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts