Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.

Several of you have asked me about the intercooler I had built for my 2000 Dodge Dakota. I have replied to you via PMs and basically, we have enough interest so you have persued me to start this thread.

I can have these customized intercoolers built for the group. When I paid for mine, the guys said they could knock some off the price if I ordered 5 of them and even a bigger discount if I ordered 10. So, here's what I'm thinking. The front supports are the same for a Dakota and Durango, right? So, could we size a customized intercooler that it could be used in a Dakota, Durango, and maybe a Ford Ranger? This would provide more opportunities for more guys (sorry ladies), thus providing us the lowest price possible.

If 5 people commit, I can have these built (a bit smaller than mine, pictured below) for $750 plus shipping. I will measure the box this weekend; my guess is the one pictured below weighed about 40lbs. Mine was actually a little too big --- I had to trim the supports on either side. In order to remove the guess work, I would take my cardboard temple and also the front support frame from a Dakota (or Durango) out to the guys that make these.

Please post here your interest. You can also PM any questions. Thanks.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm in. Let me know when it's time to pony up on the deposit.
Al

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The intercooler is in the stock radiator position; the radiator was moved closer to the engine. Take a look.

I went with a Flex-a-Lite fan NOT pictured here mounted behind the radiator. I should take some more pics.

See my build thread; link in signature. Shoot me a PM if you are really interested. I would have to check
with the manufacturer (local); however, I'm guessing the pricing would still be about the same.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Can you get some dimensions off of it. I'm in the process of making more room in the front of my 52, but I'm still not sure if I will have that much room. This might fit the bill.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you get some dimensions off of it. I'm in the process of making more room in the front of my 52, but I'm still not sure if I will have that much room. This might fit the bill.
Yes, I can get dimensions off of mine; however, like I said in my first post, I plan on having them made a little bit smaller --- Mine was a "tight" fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts