Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a pretty slow learner on some stuff and I made an interesting discovery even after years on the net. I was trying to ID an engine, whether it is Yanmar or Isuzu, so needed pics of both.

Well now, I typed in Isuzu pics in the Yahoo search engine browser and at top of results page was something like, Yahoo Isuzu pics or the like. If you try it you'll quickly see. Clicked on that link and holy moly, a page opened with thumbnails of Isuszu engines and vehicles, page #1 of possibly hundreds! In other words, it was a portal to every single Isuzu pic cached on the internet worldwide since the beginning of the Internet!!!!!

Tried it for Yanmar too, of course, and wowsers bubba, deja vu all over again! Possibly thousands of archived Yanmar pics, page after page. Click on thumbnail and the original webpage opens below, and picture is framed above. Click on picture and it goes full frame.

Thing is I'm on dialup and these were the fastest loading pics I've ever found, because the coding is already loaded into Yahoo. Regardless of what you need an image of this appears to be the hot ticket kiddies, so y'all enjoy yourselves.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, due to personal beliefs some wouldn't want to just throw this wildcard search out there because of what sort of pics might be revealed. All you have to do is go to the Search Engine browser and click on 'Preferences' up by the little search window. This opens a Preferences page where you can specify what content is allowed to be displayed on your computer. If you have set yourself up as Administrator of your computer you can lock in your choices with a password, so nobody using your machine can view what you consider offensive.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have better luck using google's image search.

Just type what you want in the google search bar and click on "images"

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, Linc buddy, I'm beginning to think it all boils down to my being easily thrilled :rasta: Maybe I ought to get out more.....

I think I'll go back and query, 'Cummins 4BT pics' and see what kind of wowsers they throw out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts