Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the cpp diesel website looking for a 12 valve 5.9 cummins and couldn't find any reviews on their so came here wondering if any of ya'll have used that website before and how happy you were with the product and service? Also wanting to know if there is any other places to order one. Besides ebay, craigslist, or facebook marketplace.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 2 cents: I ordered a small part and didn't have any problems but felt like I was fleeced on the "shipping and handling" as i recall. I know its a pain to process and send something of low cost so I don't really fault them. It was a turbo oil adapter to AN that i couldn't find anywhere else. I will say that their parts appear to be big $$$ but keep in mind that they are also supposed to be genuine cummins. If that's what you are requiring then maybe the prices are in line. I recently ordered an injection pump from DieselTuff that was big $$ for me so I didn't make my choice lightly. It was shipped super fast from Canada, and I am in South Carolina. He has many parts on his site and I would not hesitate to buy again. Communication was nearly instant and excellent. He is also on this forum so that is a plus. I don't know squat about either one if these businesses or even who owns them. If you check my posts you won't find many, but my recent experience was refreshingly pleasant. If you want and are ok with aftermarket I have used Agkits, which i think is RF Engine, Relliance, etc. Way cheaper than Cummins of course but make your decision based on your tolerance for questionable parts. I have a rebuilt 4bt using aftermarket and it has run great (stock power levels)

Fred

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2 cents: I ordered a small part and didn't have any problems but felt like I was fleeced on the "shipping and handling" as i recall. I know its a pain to process and send something of low cost so I don't really fault them. It was a turbo oil adapter to AN that i couldn't find anywhere else. I will say that their parts appear to be big $$$ but keep in mind that they are also supposed to be genuine cummins. If that's what you are requiring then maybe the prices are in line. I recently ordered an injection pump from DieselTuff that was big $$ for me so I didn't make my choice lightly. It was shipped super fast from Canada, and I am in South Carolina. He has many parts on his site and I would not hesitate to buy again. Communication was nearly instant and excellent. He is also on this forum so that is a plus. I don't know squat about either one if these businesses or even who owns them. If you check my posts you won't find many, but my recent experience was refreshingly pleasant. If you want and are ok with aftermarket I have used Agkits, which i think is RF Engine, Relliance, etc. Way cheaper than Cummins of course but make your decision based on your tolerance for questionable parts. I have a rebuilt 4bt using aftermarket and it has run great (stock power levels)

Fred
Thx
I have ordered a few things. An intake and exhaust. More regular, readily available types of things, but never had any issues.
thx

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cpp was a pita to deal with when I was swapped my 12 valve. First they took forever, then the parts were sent to the wrong person. Go with power driven diesel for stuff. Thankfully smeding is in my town so its just a short drive to get some things.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well here is my true story about CPP
I ordered injector lines for my 24V P Pump conversion as they advertise on their web site to the tune of about $533. for the set and that was around April 5th! The 12th of that same month i received an email that my Amazon credit card had been declined! Well to make a long story short the first of May when I went to pay my CC I noticed that my bill was over $2000 higher! They billed my credit card FOUR TIMES!
CPP Does NOT answer any phone messages and refers you to their web site! Two weeks after my first initial order i emailed CPP with NO Response! My bank is looking into the matter Now!

·
Vendor
525 Posts
CPP has a very bad reputation on the 6bt sites. Some homework will show you this.

Reactions: SUBRUTUS

·
Registered
235 Posts
No wonder they don't answer a phone for customer service as it would be flooded with calls!
Save your money and time and avoid their CREATIVE accounting department!
Fist of all I would not even give them a STAR! I ordered their injector lines for my P Pump conversion, but they declined my bank card! So that is what they emailed me so the next day I used my Chase/Amazon card to purchase these $553. injector lines! about a week or so later NO injector lines and the following week I got my Chase bill and they had charged my credit card THREE Times or right around $1600. I called my card company and filed a dispute of which (45 days later) they cleared my account of those charges! Then I looked at my checking account only to realize that they took $553. out of my account. I called Chase and they informed me that yes they paid they over $1600. but was going to eat those charges! Plus the claimed that they received ZERO dollars from my bank account!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts