Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13,164 Posts
I'd say you did very well in the engine lottery. Those engines with the P3000 aren't all that common but one shows up every now and then. Although it doesn't have quite the power potential of the P7100, several of the mods can be used on that injection pump. Two common mods would be the 3000 RPM governor springs and a #10 torque plate. You can also adjust the timing advance a bit. The vertical exhaust on the turbo can be worked out. That outlet elbow can be unbolted from the support bracket and rotated to a different position. That bracket was there to keep the weight of the muffler assembly off the turbine housing. If you want to reverse the turbo with the exhaust facing rear that can be done. You'd have to change the exhaust manifold to 3901635. May also need a spacer between it and the turbo because your engine has a very rare option on it. It has the intake heater for the aftercooler. Yours is the only one I've ever seen and it's 12V. My industrial catalog shows a 24V model but yours is a different part number. Being in Canada that may be big plus for starting in cold weather. Unless you plan on manual steering on the old Chevy you'll need a power steering pump assembly for the P pump. Member Nascar Mark can help you with that. He lives in Canada. On the transmission hook up, there may be another option but of course you already have the parts for the Dodge setup. Quick Draw Brands may have an SAE3 bellhousing for that transmission so you could use the existing one on the engine. They have one for the NV4500 but not sure it would fit the NV5600.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts