Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if they think this is to much turbo for my 4 bt. It is an Edge BB jammer turbo. The Guy tells me it is slightly larger than a Holset HX 40. It moves 825cfm and the housing size is about the same a a holset 15cm2
he says it is great for 350 to 600 rwh. I am a little worried it would be to lagy and not spool very well but i really don't know to much about the turbo stuff.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have read a little bit about those and they get good reviews from the 6BT guys. Supposedly they will spool much better than an HX40. I would say if you are building a higher RPM setup with all the mods it would work great. If you are building a stock RPM slightly enhanced type setup, you would be disappointed. If you can get the fuel and air to it, then it will spool, but a stock engine will not make that happen. And, forget lugging with a load under 2K RPM.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turbo

Thanks Guys great info. I would like to build my motor but i have way to many other things to get right now so i think i will let this one go by. If any other of you are building the motor to support this turbo it is Over on the TDR sight in the add section. It is a brand new turbo in the box with all the stuff. He wants 1000.00 but i think he would take 800.00 or so..From what i have tryed to find Edge does not carry this turbo and this is left over inventory. Thanks Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts