Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1964 Chevy C10, Cummins ISB170, Allison 1000 5 speed, full float 9”, ECU Tune, 5/7” static drop
212 Posts
Very nice. Looking forward to reading your build.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have you seen "Digger"'s thread on Classic Broncos?

·
Registered
1986 Grand Wagoneer ISBE 170 build
9 Posts
I'm building the same build for my Wagoneer with the nv4500 and isbe 170. I took the engine completely down and while assembling the fuel lines, I found one of the hose end fittings has a check valve. I have looked through the whole service manual and can't find it. Hoping someone could help me with this.

·
Registered
1964 Chevy C10, Cummins ISB170, Allison 1000 5 speed, full float 9”, ECU Tune, 5/7” static drop
212 Posts
I'm building the same build for my Wagoneer with the nv4500 and isbe 170. I took the engine completely down and while assembling the fuel lines, I found one of the hose end fittings has a check valve. I have looked through the whole service manual and can't find it. Hoping someone could help me with this.
There is a pressure relief valve that gets mounted on the back of cylinder head. There is also a check valve the attaches to the fuel filter head that the return line connects to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a pressure relief valve that gets mounted on the back of cylinder head. There is also a check valve the attaches to the fuel filter head that the return line connects to.
Thanks so much, it's in the fitting so my guess is the return line on the filter head which makes sense. Prevents back pressure on the return line.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Switched all my lines to AN fittings. Is the check valve on the fuel filter head is the return from the Fuel pump, the line from the metered valve on the block return didn't have a check valve in it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Switched all my lines to AN fittings. Is the check valve on the fuel filter head is the return from the Fuel pump, the line from the metered valve on the block return didn't have a check valve in it.
The valve on back of head keeps fuel from entering injector galley. If your rail pressure relief opens or return line gets plugged, you do not want all the fuel going into the head. The check valve on the fuel filter head just keeps fuel from leaking everywhere when you pull the return line.

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
The valve on back of head keeps fuel from entering injector galley. If your rail pressure relief opens or return line gets plugged, you do not want all the fuel going into the head. The check valve on the fuel filter head just keeps fuel from leaking everywhere when you pull the return line.
By the way, nice build and thanks for answering my questions. As another guy with the isb170 I am about to start measuring for mounts, what was the solution you did for the engine mounts? If I could be so bold to ask for a pic?

·
Registered
212 Posts
By the way, nice build and thanks for answering my questions. As another guy with the isb170 I am about to start measuring for mounts, what was the solution you did for the engine mounts? If I could be so bold to ask for a pic?
I used the front crossmember out of a old bread truck. Has 2 isolators on 45 degree angles for the front of engine. The trans I made a bellhousing mount, but would do it over again with same style just fluid mounts instead of poly mounts. I also made a rear trans mount, used a rubber turbo 400 mount.
1626402615074.jpeg

1626402703858.jpeg
1626402751592.jpeg

·
Registered
212 Posts
Have you figured out the intake horn around the AC compressor and the master cylinder. I’m looking at AC for my truck and all I can think of is cutting up the intake horn and welding the v band to a new setup.
Clessie, ever get the intake done?

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts