Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent, thanks for that.

Those specs are for I think the industrial version, the engine I have (JDM truck) is governed higher (3600rpm vs 3000rpm) and produces more power (100kw vs 85). The picture they show at the top is missing the power steering pump, noise covers on the timing gear and has an aluminium rocker cover which I haven't seen before.

I could also only get the site to work in explorer, not firefox.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I only use IE so no problem for me. The site claims that it the automotive engine but it is hard to tell where they got their information. They also have some specs for other diesel engines, some of which I've never heard of. They also have some information on the 4HE1T which I may consider if I can work out the auto tranny thing (A440F/AW450 hybrid).

By the way, I was the one who purchased the 4BD1T in Michigan on ebay a couple of months ago. Supposedly, it was a running engine when the truck was parked. The previous owner tried to start it and could only to get it to fire sporadically. Well, I did a compression check: #1-450 :) , #2-150 :( , #3-150 :(, & #4-100 :pissed: I guess it is time to get it on the engine stand and pull the head.

·
Super Moderator
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few days ago I got my vehicle back together. With the aneroid working properly it's a completely different engine.

It now has enough snot to spin the back wheels on damp tarmac in second gear in a fulltime 4wd vehicle which weighs 2.3 ton empty.

The 0-100 time seems to be around 15 seconds. Toyota's 100 series diesel landcruiser does 0-100 in a similar timeframe, it has about 300kg more weight but almost 50% more power and 1/3 more torque.

I haven't gone far enough to load it up on a steep hill, but EGT's seem to pass 700 deg C preturbo.

·
Super Moderator
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you were discussing building a usable injection pump from 2 that you had, did you end up swapping other parts such as the torque cam?

Or did you just restore the old pump?
I built it back to the stock pump. So I have a supposedly freshly rebuilt later model pump if you know anyone who wants one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts