Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New here... I recently bought an RV built on an Isuzu NPR chassis. Got a question about the trans (sorry I don't know the technical terms):

The Jatco JR403-E has 2 fluid lines for cooling. One comes out of the rear left side, crosses over the top to the right side and heads towards the front. The other comes out of the forward right side and heads to the front towards the radiator (they mostly travel together). I have searched high and low, scoured the internet and the manuals, but cannot find any reliable information on direction of flow. Does the HOT fluid come out of the front right or rear left? Some sources say the "return line" is rear left. Some sources say the return line is on the right... Does anyone know with certainty which line is hot - OUT of trans and which is cool - IN to trans?

I found an external trans filter kit and it's on the way. I want to mount it on the return, lower pressure, cool line. I also need to mount my trans temp sender and I want to mount that on the out, hot line. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The external filter kit came and with it instructions. The future reference, the hot out line is the forward, right side line and the return line is the rear, left side line that crosses over above the trans. The kit mounts to the return line on the right side, just forward of where it crosses over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts