Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the Isuzu 5 sp trans behind my 4BD2 engine. I bought the COR Conversions shift lever to replace the cable shift. This shifter conversion mounts to the top of the trans and does not allow use of a top mounted motor/trans mount, like the stock NPR truck had. I am real impressed with this COR shifter, but need to fabricate a different kind of rear motor/trans mount. Has anyone else fabricated a mount for this engine/trans? It is mounted in a 1953 Dodge M37. The picture is of the COR shifter unit being fitted to the top of the trans.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. Firstly an introduction, while I have been looking at this forum for a long time this is my first post. At the risk of stating the obvious, the knowledge that's shared is amazing and invaluable.

I have a similar project underway, M37 chassis with an Isuzu diesel engine and MSA gearbox. I have seen the COR conversion but at this stage I am going to keep the gearshift mechanism standard by using cable shifters. COR has a great kit but at this stage it's not what I intend to use. I bought my MSA gearbox from COR.

To respond to your question, I have made a mount and cross member to install the engine/gearbox. If it's still of any value I'm happy to send a couple of photos.

Banjo

G

·
Hello, I am building a 1941 Powerwagon and will be installing the 4bd2tc with the msa5. Can you tell me how you like the COR shifter? I would also like to know what the shifter cost? Thank you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the kit from COR, though it could use some better instructions. I paid $350 delivered to my place in Oregon. I have the kit installed and have shifted it without rolling the truck. The levers quickly shifted to the proper position and seemed to detent correctly. I still have to finish the rear engine/trans mount, so driving test not done yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sent you a PM today. Still working on the rear motor/trans mount. COR kit fit well, though I had to do a little fab work to make the side shift lever work correctly. All in all, quite happy. One of these days will get the motor mount done so I can do a road test.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts