Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These adapters will turn the Isuzu 4BD1T/2T into the rear of an F Toyota engine. The block adapter is 1.25" thick aluminum, bolts directly to the block and also houses the rear crankshaft seal (you must remove your Isuzu rear seal housing if your engine has one). The adapters use a 6.0 Powerstroke starter that fits into the original starter opening in the Toyota stickshift bellhousing. The flywheel is machined from solid 1045 forged steel and uses the 10 7/8" FJ60 clutch, pressure plate and holds a proper pilot bearing.

The kit will include everything to bolt the Isuzu to an H55 except the clutch. The kit will include an oil filter relocation block, but the mounting and plumbing of the oil filter will be up to the customer.

These are ready to be machined. Because this adapter application is a little "out there" I'm not going to make any extras for stock. The machine setups to make these parts are not shared with any other parts I make (for reasons I won't get into these adapter plates and flywheels both require special fixtures and toolpaths to machine).

I would like to keep costs reasonable and make as many of these adapters at one time.

If you are interested in pre-ordering one of these kits from this first batch the price will be $1200 plus shipping. If there are more than a handful interested I will offer better pricing as everything gets cheaper to do past a certain point.

If you want one down the road these will be available with a 3 week lead time and a price that reflects a one-off order.

Thanks for the support!

Dustin Allmaras
Allmaras Machine
503-545-3731

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dustin,

This is going to be a slick setup, especially for the FJ40 guys because it gets rid of the factory flywheel housing and shortens the whole package. One of the drawbacks to doing H55 swaps into FJ40s is the length of the rear driveline and this will really help those guys out when converting to Isuzu diesel and wanting to use an H55. If this was available 2 years ago, I would have been all over this. What a great option!

Thanks for developing this for us cruiser guys!

Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dustin,

This is going to be a slick setup, especially for the FJ40 guys because it gets rid of the factory flywheel housing and shortens the whole package. One of the drawbacks to doing H55 swaps into FJ40s is the length of the rear driveline and this will really help those guys out when converting to Isuzu diesel and wanting to use an H55. If this was available 2 years ago, I would have been all over this. What a great option!

Thanks for developing this for us cruiser guys!

Don
That's exactly why I'm interested!

So if I understand correctly, this replaces the Isuzu bellhousing and then you bolt a Toyota bell housing to it right? No mods to the trans shaft?

Any chance you have the dimension from the front of the fan to the back of the adapter?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's exactly why I'm interested!

So if I understand correctly, this replaces the Isuzu bellhousing and then you bolt a Toyota bell housing to it right? No mods to the trans shaft?

Any chance you have the dimension from the front of the fan to the back of the adapter?
Yes, this adapter bolts directly to the engine block and crankshaft and bolts to the Toyota Landcruiser bellhousing. The transmission input shaft is not modified in any way.

The adapter plate is 1.25" thick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dustin, I still haven't gotten my starter that was suppose to come with my order that I got about 3 weeks ago. Could you please check on this for me and let me know when it will be here.:( I have left you a message on your shop phone number and PM'ed you on the Mud Forum. Please let me know something !!!!!!!!!!!! This is a great product for anyone looking to do the Isuzu swap.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The clutch release cylinder does not fit with the adapter.

I am going to see if I can modify it, but its going to be tough with it already in the truck.

Dustin please call me, this is getting obnoxious.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Its possible that I solved the clutch slave cylinder issue with a 2003 Camry slave cylinder. I havent tested it yet, but I have fabbed a bracket to make it work.

Also, be sure to remove the timing pin from the bellhousing before you put everything together if you are using Dustin's tach port.

Thirdly, if you have this adapter, when you put on the bolts from the bellhousing to the adapter plate, DO NOT put on the lock washers. If you do, the bolts will come in contact with the flywheel. I luckily found this before I turned on the engine, but I still get to remove lots of the drivetrain to remove the washers. Picture is attached.

Metal

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an ancient thread but does anyone have any lead or suggestions on where I could find/fab one of my own. This engine seems like the perfect thing for me but I just can’t find any way to adapt it. Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
I know this is an ancient thread but does anyone have any lead or suggestions on where I could find/fab one of my own. This engine seems like the perfect thing for me but I just can’t find any way to adapt it. Thanks
There’s still a company out of Canada making bellhousing adapters for the NV4500. Not aware of any for the H55.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts