Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What diesel engine did Isuzu put in this truck? The truck looks like a what we call a Rodeo over on this side of the pound.

·
Super Moderator
8,912 Posts
Depends on the year.

4JB1T, that's the 2.8 turbo.
4JG?T, that's the 3.1L turbo
4JH?T, that's the 3.0 mechanical turbo.
4JX?T, that's the 3.0L unit injection engine.

Where ? means I can't remember the relevant number.
All are basically the same block, power varies hugely.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The auction dose not list the year of the truck. It looks like a 96-98 Rodeo. Hey Dougal did the ELF trucks have a turbo engine or where they N/A. There is an auction for a Isuzu ELF 150 also? The trucks are not too far from my house I might have to schedule a time to look them over.

·
Super Moderator
8,912 Posts
The auction dose not list the year of the truck. It looks like a 96-98 Rodeo. Hey Dougal did the ELF trucks have a turbo engine or where they N/A. There is an auction for a Isuzu ELF 150 also? The trucks are not too far from my house I might have to schedule a time to look them over.
I think the ELF trucks only had the non turbo 4JB1. Later on they upped the power and even put 4.3L engines into the 2 tonners. But that's a lot later.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
66gaza The 4JB1T are ten a penny in the UK, bodies rust out and fail MOT so they sell engine and break vehicle. They used to be a common swap but rovers TDI engines are so cheap now nobody bothers anymore.

Gaza
I will take two dozen of those cheep Rover diesels. :)

Dougal
I think the ELF trucks only had the non turbo 4JB1. Later on they upped the power and even put 4.3L engines into the 2 tonners. But that's a lot later.
Can you turbo charge the N/A 4jb1 or is it to much trouble?

·
Super Moderator
8,912 Posts
I will take two dozen of those cheep Rover diesels. :)

Dougal

Can you turbo charge the N/A 4jb1 or is it to much trouble?
Sure you can turbo the NA engines. But I don't know what differences there are between the turbo and non turbo of that model (piston squirters etc). So you wouldn't want to go silly with the boost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts