Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...well, the paperwork is anyway, being stored til' pick it up in a month or so.
Here are some numbers from the shop tech: Tier 2 engine, Apr./04 manuf. date. Rated at 130hp, new turbo, SAE#3 bellhousing, and 100K kms.
Anyhow, it'll most likely go into a mid 90's Toyota Land Cruiser with e-lockers for a trail rig.
I'll be doing some searching through the archives for an NV4500 pass. side drop case(twin case). Looking for wiring issues etc...
Anyhow, just thought i'd share, looking for any info you guys might have, or know about this engine BT/BTA...
Cheers!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sounds great! I couldn't really tell you much about the engine (I've never heard of them referred to as a tier selection - only by CPL), but due to the hp rating it sounds like a 4bta - with the aftercooler.

As far as the wiring issues - you shouldn't have any. There's very few wires that you'll have to deal with. There's plenty of thread to help you with that task.

By 'twin case' I'm assuming you mean a doubler. If that's the case you may want to look into Off Road Design here - ORD - Catalog or Stazworks here - http://www.stazworks.com/doublers.htm - both of them have doubler kits that have great reviews on multiple boards (I've never used one myself).

Good luck with the swap...make sure to post some pics!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts