Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update. I put my solid timing advancement gear on my injection pump.So far I should have done that long ago. I took the timing springs etc out of the advance and welded it solid. EGTs are higher.I couldn’t get the timing perfect without pulling the pump and jumping a tooth. The pump is turned away from the engine as far as it can go mostly in its slots.I was using a timing light to tell where I was at. The turbo lag is less and turbo almost lights up instantly.You do have to consider I have a 50mm custom hx30 turbo with 37pounds of boost,and 30% over injectors . I will give u an update if my mpg’s go down..

·
Registered
95 Ford Bronco xlt
62 Posts
do you know where you were setting your timing before when you had the advance working. do you know how much the timing was supposed to change.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I am around 8 to 10 degrees by timing light. With that advance not working the turbo can spool better. You are prolly right my mpg will go down but I check every tank Of fuel,So I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just an update. I put my solid timing advancement gear on my injection pump.So far I should have done that long ago. I took the timing springs etc out of the advance and welded it solid. EGTs are higher.I couldn’t get the timing perfect without pulling the pump and jumping a tooth. The pump is turned away from the engine as far as it can go mostly in its slots.I was using a timing light to tell where I was at. The turbo lag is less and turbo almost lights up instantly.You do have to consider I have a 50mm custom hx30 turbo with 37pounds of boost,and 30% over injectors . I will give u an update if my mpg’s go down..
37 PSI Boost! What is the HP and Torque that set up is producing?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not sure never checked, but pushes the suburban along nicely. I would say around 250 to 300 hp with all my mods. Current mods are 30% injectors,colt cam, oringed and studded head, custom hx30 turbo with 50mm compressor, 58 turbine. I also installed an air dog fuel pump and deleted the factory lift pump.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am not sure never checked, but pushes the suburban along nicely. I would say around 250 to 300 hp with all my mods. Current mods are 30% injectors,colt cam, oringed and studded head, custom hx30 turbo with 50mm compressor, 58 turbine. I also installed an air dog fuel pump and deleted the factory lift pump.
Awesome Build! I just finished mods on a 2012 Ford Ranger 4x4 Crew Cab 1 ton rated. 3.0 NGD International Powerstroke. inline 4. 5 Speed Manual. From the factory its 100% Deleted. Not even an EGR system. Motor is stock. stage 3 Rally remap, oversized front mount intercooler, Oversized radiator. Removed viscus fan and installed electric fan. 3 inch stainless open exhaust. The factory ram air intake system is so good I left that stock. The factory truck had 163HP 325 FP torque. The tuner showed me multiple dyno runs with the same set up I have 240HP and 490 FP torque at 3,800 rpm 30PSI boost. The turbo is a stock Garrett waste gate. The truck runs like a 2 stroke motocross dirt bike. Very sharp strong powerband from 2,000 to 3,800 rpm. Really a blast to beat on. Video of truck and engine here June 19, 2020

1 - 9 of 9 Posts