Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all !! i am joining after i just blew the engine (spun the rear main crank bearing and in turn threw the rod and damaged the block .... i wasnt even off road!) in my jku and need to get advice on doing a 4bt swap cause i figure if im going to put out the money for a new motor im going to get the motor i want! i have a 2010 jeep jk unlimited currently running the d30 front axle with detroit locker and 5.13 gears and chrome moly shafts and the 30 spline d44 rear with 5.13s and detroit locker and chrome moly shafts as well .... i want to keep my stock transfer case nv241 ... i am trying to do this as a budget build and already found where to get the motor mounts and have a lead on a 4bt providing my buddy will part with it. i already talked to jeff daniels jeeps in PA one of the shops doing the jk 4bt conversions and he recommended trying to source a 47 rh trans for my project ....i know this will be a big project especially since this will be my first time working with a diesel and also my first custom motor swap... i know right now im still trying to get stuff figured out but any help is greatly appreciated

PS: once i get the parts if someone wants a vacation to hawaii to help me do the swap let me know lol!!!!!!!

let the comments begin just please dont be to cruel :beer:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Nice Jeep. Research research research is all I can say. Make sure that whatever you decide on is going to work exactly how you want it to.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Your on two first class tickets from chicago please. Always wanted to visit the islands. The tcase idea saves alot.

Personally stick shift but the 241 will mate up to alot of tranies. Some can do it in a short time but it will take time

If on a budget. Nice truck good luck welcome and can send you address for tickets EEEEE..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would love to go the stick shift route but i think it would cost more to convert than to just get a auto .....i can buy your tickets just bring a 4bt with you lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 4bt in my JK. You will love it if you do it, I had mine done. I would go NV4500. You won't have to fool with the compushift. But it is expensive. Adaptors, Engines, and transmissions are not cheap. That said, I think my JK will run forever now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm not sure what your emissions laws were like in HI, but be sure to check into the legal aspects of the swap before you start.. I know in my state, I have to basically re-title and re-register my vehicle as a composite (made up of different parts) and go through an extensive inspection to do it *correctly*.

That being said, there is always a way around the issue, but scarse are the days where you could flip the emissions guy a $20 and have him sign off on your test!

On a side note, I took a 2 week trip to Hawaii last year, my second trip there. Awesome, I rented a Harley and rode around the island. Definitely worth it, you guys are in a beautiful corner of the world!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts