Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a lot of searching on the site and I have already learned a lot. There are defiantly some knowledgeable members.

Saying that, I need some advice. I want to build a Jeep, CJ or Wrangler, with a 4bt. But I can’t decide what the best setup is as far as trans, transfer case, diffs/gears. I am not stuck on automatic or manual, but I am thinking auto might be easier because I wouldn’t have to deal with the stick coming up through the floor. Also how do you Jeep guys deal with the extra weight?

Any advice you may have would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Oh, and also mostly road driving and mild trails to get back to my fishing holes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a 4BTA/NV4500/Atlas in my 1984 CJ-8. The extra weight does not seem to be much of an issue so far. Let me know if you have specific questions. I do have a few 4BT's for sale too.

Bill

·
Registered
152 Posts
extra weight really dosen't effect it...
i haven't noticed it if anything... it helps the front end not be so bouncy in the lifted jeep and it settles quicker i guess you could say.
as for a lift and the weight i have a black diampond 3 inch lift....not the top of the line but a nice lift and it is accutally favors the height in the front a little with the hard top on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts