Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just done a diesel swap on my 97 jeep wrangler tj 2.5l and now none of my gages are working but all the lights on the dash are coming on and no gages moving other than oil pressure and it's moving maybe a 16th off the zero marl but stays their using stock jeep sensors and pcm..when I do the odometer test thing their all moving like their supposed to.... what am I missing here??? I really need some help here

·
Registered
950 Posts
Did you use the TJ sending units and their harnesses?

Trick is to reuse the jeep sensors. If you did, probably wouldn't hurt to start looking for missing/disconnected grounds.

Jake

·
Registered
28 Posts
You will need a tach signal to wake up the ECM. Everything but the amp gauge should work with out the tach signal though. Check out Jeff Daniels jeeps for the tach kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using jeep pcm and sensors I've checked everything I know to checking and still nothin..anyone know how to use cell charger to get a 5v source?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do you have the crank position sensor working??, What year is your jeep? Do you have a signal from your old cam position sensor? What engine did you swap too. What Alternator are you using. I know it is silly, but did you hook up the main engine harness?
I just got done with my '98 XJ swap, and had the exact same problem you describe. I had to make a faky cam position signal, and then I had forgotten to hook up the main engine harness connector. What transmission did you have before, and what transmission do you have now? Did you test the crank position sender it should be 0-5-0 etc. volts as you rotate the engine by hand past the notches in the flywheel/flexplate.

just saw you are a '97, so you should be the same as mine. Do you have 5vdc going to the crank position sender, and the cam sender?????? if you don't have the 5 volts at the senders should be 5vdc in on the blk/blu for crank, and blk/blu on the . and 0-5-0 out on the gry/blk crank and tan/ylw on the cam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts