Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
just an update... still haven't gotten my flywheel housing yet. the seller claimed that the freight company broke the pallet it was on, and sent it back to them. (yeah, right!) So, they gave me a different tracking number and said it was shipped out today. We'll see.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Suzuguru,

I'm inclined to believe that one... got a shipment in at work not too long ago that was dropped in transit - it arrived upside down on a second pallet.

Cj

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Suzuguru,

I'm inclined to believe that one... got a shipment in at work not too long ago that was dropped in transit - it arrived upside down on a second pallet.

Cj
I can certainly believe that. However, I've never heard of a shipper returning it to the sender due to them damaging the pallet. Also, the new tracking number I received was through a different freight company. So, I seriously doubt it was ever sent out. of course, none of this matters. just making conversation. It will get here eventually.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, just bought myself an 8v53 yesterday. I have a 2wd NV4500 with park brake i pulled from a 1 1/4 ton I was considering using until I realized a big Eaton Fuller 6 speed would be better behind the 8v53. I’m kinda in the same boat as you, need to figure out what I’m going to need to get an Eaton to work with it as it has the sae1 housing which will need a reducer ring. Gotta love the situations you get yourself into

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Congrats on your purchase, just bought myself an 8v53 yesterday. I have a 2wd NV4500 with park brake i pulled from a 1 1/4 ton I was considering using until I realized a big Eaton Fuller 6 speed would be better behind the 8v53. I’m kinda in the same boat as you, need to figure out what I’m going to need to get an Eaton to work with it as it has the sae1 housing which will need a reducer ring. Gotta love the situations you get yourself into
that's a big housing. you might just need an adapter to get you down to a #2. Congrats on your purchase also!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
finally got the flywheel housing today. not sure when i'll have a chance to swap it in, as i'm trying to get over having the flu.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I've been quiet lately. mostly because I haven't really done anything on this project other than clean the outside of the engine, and remove stuff to make painting easier. Took all the hoses off, so I can have new ones made when ready. That's about it. Nothing to report.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts