Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Congrats on getting it home! Now the big challenge.. Don't get too attached to the donor vehicle.. :rasta:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Now the big challenge.. Don't get too attached to the donor vehicle.. :rasta:
No kidding, I'm starting to like my bread van. I've already taken the family for a couple of rides, and it is not helping that my parents asked me not to scrap it until after they move during Christmas break.

Congrats on getting it home. How much did you give, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
425 Posts
You could always tear the turbo apart and buy a rebuild kit if it looks fine. It seems like the first things that will go are the oil seals. You can tell if they are toast if you pull the compressor housing and see if the compressor wheel is black and/or juicy. I actually had oil sitting in the bottom of the compressor housing and it smoked more than normal while idling. When I tore it apart the bushings and turbine shaft were fine but I replaced the bushings anyways.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Play on the shaft is never good. This will give you a chance to upgrade. Might want to do some reading HERE to find out what you might want to look for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts