Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and I've been searching for information regarding a swap for a k1500. Mine is a '94 GMC Z71. I was wondering how hard it would be to swap a 4BT into my truck, and I was hoping to get an idea of how much it would cost, and how hard it is to do. Thanks for any information. It was recently painted so it looks like a brand new truck, now i just want to do something about the gas mileage (9mpg!) and lack of power.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I conversed with a guy about 20 miles from me that did a 94 reg cab 4x4, said he got 27-28 mpg. Sadly he died before I got to visit. Dont know what happened to the truck. A company in Daingerfield Texas that does handicap conversions did his install. I do know he was very happy with his truck afterwards. If you dont have some fabrication skills it can be pretty pricey to pay someone. GM adapter, rebuild 700R4 for low rpm power, low stall converter. Probably cheaper to install 4l80. If your truck has manual tranny(nv4500), a lot of expense can be saved. Fab engine mounts,tranny mount. Enjoy!
Carl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts