Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble doing a search for the torque spec for the pin (in the timing cover) fix. I have the tab made and am ready to bolt it in but don't know what to torque the bolt to. HELP! I found the torque spec for the cover (18 ft. lb.). That was in the torque spec list.

By searching I found KDP fix by searching STAKE. I knew I had read a post about staking the pin. I tried timing gear, tab repair and things of that sort. I didn't remember what the acronym was for this repair. What else could I have searched for? It seams when I try to use 2 words nothing was found in the search. What do I need to do in the future? Do I have to use a & sign or something???

·
Registered
126 Posts
how about a thread lock like "Loc-tite" too!:idea:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have it bolted in. I have red locktight. What color does everyone else use? It doesn't appear to me that my red does much.
I'm going to strip the paint off the cover and repaint it and the pullies before putting it back together. I know I should use the right gasket but I may just put it together with RTV. I'll put a new crank seal in while it is apart too. Are the seals from the discount parts houses as good as the NAPA or even the Cummins ones? I can just ask for one from a first gen 5.9 right??

·
Registered
126 Posts
5.9 is the same thing. Hey if you get a front cover gasket from a parts house I'd like to know how well that specific gasket works- much easier for me the next time around...

...red threadlock is the only choice for the vibes of a diesel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts