Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my donor truck home today. We hauled it in to be on the safe side, never know what you may be getting into. It is a 88 Ford 3/4 ton Wonder Bread truck. After driving it about 12 mi I found that the injection pump has a slow but steady drip from the device that looks like it may have a diaphragm on the top of the pump. There is a small fitting on the back side under the cover of this device that has a rubber cover with a drain tube on it that is leaking. What is this and what can I do to fix it? I hope I havent done to bad of a job of explaining this. I belive this is what you guys call a VE pump.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there a place to order a kit from on line? Do you know the part #? Does the pump have to come off the engine to do the reseal? Is it hard to retime the pump if you do remove it? Now stand still a minute while I think of some more questions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there a place to order a kit from on line? Do you know the part #? Does the pump have to come off the engine to do the reseal? Is it hard to retime the pump if you do remove it? Now stand still a minute while I think of some more questions.
All the above advice sounds good. I had decided to have my pump done professionally even though I always do almost all my work myself (gassers). But then a good friend of mine told me about a good friend of his that has a pump shop and he has offered me a one time buddy deal were he will let me go through my pump in his shop under his watchful eye. If I get in over my head he will take over and charge his hourly rate. I will learn how to set it up ect. and will be taking him my complete engine on a test stand so I can also learn how to time it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.