Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I posted on the Sticky but I think it went unnoticed.

Here is my goal. A better Turbo that will fit in essentially the same space as my H1C with my low rear mount manifold. I have no more room to the rear and I really dont want to have to put a new exhaust manifold on. I have very little room to the side due to my heater box too.

So what im wondering is if I could take an WH1C and put the 12CM exhaust housing for an H1C on it? would that give me a bigger compressor wheel and better spooling with the same exhaust diameter and mounting location as my current downpipe?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Anybody Know if that Idea would work for an HX35 too? I know the HYs are v band so they are out.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, Air conditioning is next on my list, so screw it. Im looking for a HX35 and a 12cm, nonwastegated and the shorter one, exhaust housing for an H1C, an intercooler and a GOV spring.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The hx35 has a 12 housing stock but it is wastegated it will replace the h1c but the exhaust will have to be moved back an inch for the wastegate. they sell 12 non wastegated housings aftermarket.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im resurrecting this thread. I am still wavering back and forth on which turbo to go with. I have catalogued all th compressor and turbine sizes and methods of contruction. Now Im thinking a Compressor upgrade on my H1C with a 12cm exhuast housing. It might end up being more expensive but I like the idea of making it my own.

HTT sells these upgraded compressors and backing plates, and i know that place on the internet sells the housings. Is there any other reason just to go with a hy35? or a he341? I dont see an advantage for a wastegate on a 4bt.

Any ideas? Is my logic sound?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts