Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this thread on another forum. Had some awesome pictures of sweet rigs haulin big loads!!

Start posting yours!

Here's mine:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
2500 Gallon rain water collection tank.JPG

Not diesel powered, but our biggest load. 2,500 Gallon rainwater harvesting tank on a 1994 Nissan KingCab. It is a 4 cylinder, automatic. Turned off the overdrive and set the cruise for 48 MPH. We loaded in Tucson, AZ and headed out on I-10. Stayed in the slow lane, had no problems

·
Registered
651 Posts

The last of the sand to level out the sub-base for my new shed's concrete floor.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My Plow truck

You did say BIGGEST load. Right? I think there were 120 1/2" sheets of osb. Never went over 35mph.

Definatly not the smartest thing I've ever done. And yes the first sheet was flat on the bed.

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
my son borrowed my 90 D350 single 4x4 to haul stuff from a friends industrial electric shop----he scaled out a 6500# load at the salvage yard----the owners didnt believe it and inspected the load--he had 3 locomotive stators with assorted small items----Rob said when the 2nd stator went in the tires looked a little flat so they aired them up to 100 psi---Rob said he was afraid to go over 30 mph to the salvage yard as well---the owner of the electric shop ended up buying the old truck---and i miss it still----bob

·
Detroit Section Caretaker
3,761 Posts
Not quite the biggest but resulted in this

With a new properly sized driveshaft I hauled this (as well as a 3,000 lb piece of machinery in the truck bed) from Washington State to NY

Grigg

·
Detroit Section Caretaker
3,761 Posts
This one is mine, and it's a pretty good way to haul a ~400 lb transmission in a VW Jetta (TDI of course)

·
Registered
704 Posts
This one is mine, and it's a pretty good way to haul a ~400 lb transmission in a VW Jetta (TDI of course)
grigg that is just a cool way to transport a manual tranny

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey eric28miller. Those pictures are really awesome! Where did you get those pictures? I really love reading, looking and collecting pictures about heavy hauling because I really want to become a heavy hauler since I was a kid.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts