Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey eric28miller. Those pictures are really awesome! Where did you get those pictures? I really love reading, looking and collecting pictures about heavy hauling because I really want to become a heavy hauler since I was a kid.
Eric hauls these things as a bussiness. From what I understand him and his dad rebuild machinery for resale.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Here is my 3/4 ton chevy with a tuned port 412ci smallblock the day I brought home a 2 1/2 ton military truck. Not sure what it weighed but that trailer is NOT a beavertail. It is supposed to be flat. The 3500# axles didn't like it much either.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I'm bent my trailer a bit too. My heaviest load is a toss up the 98 F150 and a 90 F150. I had to let the air out of the front tires to get the 90 on the trailer and I thought ahead and extended the trailer a few inches before getting the 98. The old IDI handled them both with ease but the trailer was unhappy.

My scariest (and dumbest) loads were before I got the F250. The last was actually what pushed me to get a bigger truck. No pics though. I had a Taurus on my car trailer and towed it with a 2dr Explorer. There was more tongue weight than the Explorer could handle so I had to put the car on backwards. Horrible idea, it started wagging me violently at about 45-50mph. Luckily I was only taking back roads and didn't have far to go. The second was when I took a 1750lb capacity Harbor Freight trailer behind the same Explorer to pick up gravel. I just filled it up, completely underestimating how heavy gravel is. Turns out that load was almost 5k. :eek:

·
Registered
651 Posts
it started wagging me violently at about 45-50mph...1750lb capacity Harbor Freight trailer...load was almost 5k.
HOLY CRAP, BATMAN! I thought I over did it once in a while!

I had a boat on a trailer do that wagging thing once while my brother was driving...that's scary! We pushed it off and flipped it around so the motor weight was toward the front of the trailer and then it towed a lot better.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
HOLY CRAP, BATMAN! I thought I over did it once in a while!

I had a boat on a trailer do that wagging thing once while my brother was driving...that's scary! We pushed it off and flipped it around so the motor weight was toward the front of the trailer and then it towed a lot better.
Lessons learned the hard way. Could have been much much harder.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Here is my 3/4 ton chevy with a tuned port 412ci smallblock the day I brought home a 2 1/2 ton military truck. Not sure what it weighed but that trailer is NOT a beavertail. It is supposed to be flat. The 3500# axles didn't like it much either.
Yea this one here is bad math from the getgo..

·
Registered
262 Posts
new dakota.jpg

bought another quad cab dakota the other night. this will be my daily when i re do my truck in the spring. the blue one is a 3.7 5 speed that some guy tore the engine apart to fix a thermostat...like pulled the heads off apart haha but i fixed it and for only having 1500 bucks in an 04 dakota im pretty happy. stopped at a Cat scale and it weighed 12,900 lbs. towed it with ease, i could actualy accelerate up on ramps merging on the highways :beer:

·
Registered
35 Posts
25,500# combined load big.JPG
16' unit of pressure treated decking 12' unit of 2x8 pressure treated
motorcycle
all my tools
riding mower
bicycle
two beds and my suitcase ha ha

·
Detroit Section Caretaker
3,761 Posts
Truck is an 05 F250 with 99 Cummins 24V and a G56 trans. This is the largest load to date, truck has been done about 6-7 months.
Hauled two Detroit Diesel powered generators from Maine to southern Pennsylvania, and continued on to bring one home to VA. the truck did very well, no troubles and handled just fine.
Not sure what they weigh but it's more than I had guessed, probably 4-5k each, need to find out...

21 - 40 of 41 Posts