Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of finishing my rebuild and I've ran into a problem with the lift pump. I installed a compressor / power steering pump assembly and the assembly made the use of the standard lift pump location impossible. As you can see from the picture I've had to block off the original pump location. I realize an electric pump is an option, or a belt driven pump from IE the MITUSA pump. My question is does anyone have another solution, or has anyone ever seen a pump driven from the flywheel housing accessory drive?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hello, looks great! I don't have a solution for the lift pump except electric. I was wanting to know where you got the air compressor power steering set up from? Do you have another?
Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
854 Posts
It should be pretty easy to find an electric pump that would work. Mount it as close to the tank as possible.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, looks great! I don't have a solution for the lift pump except electric. I was wanting to know where you got the air compressor power steering set up from? Do you have another?
Thanks, Ed
The assembly was off a Bluebird bus with a 5.9l. I had to have the pump rebuilt with a lower pressure bypass to keep from blowing the seals out of my steering box. I don't have another one but if your patient you could score one on ebay fairly easy. The rebuild kit for the compressor was $73 and fun to do!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Try for an electric that puts out around 14psi.
But....avoid the Holleys, as apparently they don't have such a great track record with diesel?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts