Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ISBe 170 from a frame cut workhorse and am trying to work out the lift pump. Workhorse wiring doc shows this.
Rectangle Music Font Parallel Water

The location on the engine has no mechanical pump...just the factory cover plate. Is this doc wrong? I imagine the lift pump was in the tank and fed power thru the I/P harness? Also any idea what stock gph and psi should be for this engine?

Any feedback is appreciated

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
What is the engine CPL number? Just for future reference. I have a surplus engine that was originally from Workhorse, so your CPL number might be handy for me. Also, with the CPL number, Cummins can tell you what they included on the engine from the factory. For my engine, I added an inline pump outside the tank. I'll have to look for the make and model in my records. I also added an inline filter in addition to the filters on the engine. Both are mounted in my frame rails back in front of the rear axle.

·
Registered
12,640 Posts
The lift pump for those common rail engines would have been either a frame mounted or in tank electric pump. No mechanical units that I know of on the ISB units.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts