Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
for line lock it doesn't matter what kind of booster you have. they are just solonoids to lock the pressure in the line it has nothing to do with your booster. so any old line lock kit should work for your needs

·
Registered
598 Posts
i didn't think there was that much more pressure with hydroboost. i wouldn't think that it would matter. otherwise there would be warnings on the products for sure

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats a hydro boost from a car not from a step van or a 3/4 ton truck. But oh well its not like there realy expencive.

·
Registered
800 Posts
thats a hydro boost from a car not from a step van or a 3/4 ton truck. But oh well its not like there realy expencive.
what is the difference in pressure/stroke of a car hydroboost unit vs a step van or a 3/4 ton truck?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not an expert but just by the shear weight of the vehicle wouldn't the system have a higher preasure than a smaller vehicle? ,and when compared to a regular power vacume booster set up it is deffinetly for powerful, other wise short of a turbo or supercharger there would be no advantage to the system itself. But like I said I am NOT an expert and this is all common sence therory here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a line lock for each rear wheel. I use them like cutting brakes. I haven't had any problems at all using them with the P-30 hydroboost. I bought mine from Summit Racing, and they were the cheapest one's I could find.

·
Isuzu reliability tester
3,001 Posts
The pressure is no different from a hydroboost car or truck. The hydroboost has twice the pressure of a standard vaccum system but this wont affect a line lock since they only hold they only hold brake fluid in the line to keep the caliper closed

·
Registered
35 Posts
if you put it on the rear brakes you can controll the front brakes and roll out or do some wicked donuts. just dont apply the brakes and flip the switch like the you would if it was on the front. use it to block pressue to the back brakes. and presure to the wheel is mostlly made by the size of the wheel cyliners. that is why every one on with the dodge trucks up date to the one tone rear brake cyl. on porta powers you use the same pump but it is the size of the cylinder that determins the force per sq inch bigger cylinder = more force. more sq in on the back of the cylinder. same pump for a 10,000 pound cyl as a 100,000 pound cyl.

Otto

1 - 13 of 13 Posts