Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Where are you at in Idaho? I am looking at doing the same swap in my terra. How does the the throw-out bearing shaft and arm compare between the two transmissions? The stock clutch linkage will work? I have 33s and 3.54 gears and I think I will be able to get by without overdrive with the gov spring.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Luckily I have 33s and I don't drive 75 with the 345 that's in there. At 60 mph I'll be turning 2162 rpm. I'll probably swap out the rear dana 44 for a narrowed ford 9". I am still looking to aquire an engine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can use a chevy NP205 right side drop case, but you need to crack it open and install a ford NP205 input gear to match the transmission output shaft.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The dodges are also right side drop, but I don't know if the input gear swap will work or if it will bolt up.

You could also use a left side drop dana 44 front axle from a wagoneer and narrow the tubes to the same width as your scout axle and install swap over all the shafts, knuckles and brakes from you scout axle. That would let you use the ford borg warner or np 205 case without having to mix and match parts.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I met a guy running huge military axles, hummer rims and 38 inch tires on a Scout yesterday with a Dana 20 case and a Chevy 350. He had wheeled it hard and said that he felt the Dana 20 to be top notch tough. The case isn't worth much otherwise, but it is gear driven and should hold up. I sure like its compact size.
Was it Forrest?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.