Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago i decided to finally turn up the ve pump, i turned the starwheel, fuel pin, and adjusted the timing. i also had the 3200rpm gov spring put in soon after. it was all going fine and the spring changed my top speed to 80mph (its in a jeep so thats fast enough for me!) i was very happy with my results with the added low end and speed. then i began having starting problems. my dad took a look at it and started moving the starwheel and timing around multiple times in both directions. in the end the problem was something elsebesides the fuel pump. Now that we replaced that part i have no clue where the stock position or optimum position is for the star wheel. i am back to 72mph and dont seem to be reaching my 3200rpm and also lost some low end power.

How can i know where it is at the stock position so i can restart my tuning?

also my fuel pin has been grinded down, what direction should the lip be facing?

Thanks, Derick

·
Registered
959 Posts
If your really pushing it to 3200 on the street i commend you for your braveness.

·
Registered
959 Posts
your problem is probably in the throttle lever shaft and the positioning.They backed down the idle position lever leaving your less fuel at start up.Maybe you should give up if you dont know hwat direction the pin goes.theres a search button.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts