Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've learned a lot on this forum so far and I LOVE the fact that there isn't a ton of adds. A forum should not have adds everywhere like Ih8mud and possibly pirate4x4. I totally abandoned Ih8mud.com just because of this and I participated in that forum quite often.

But Id like to see this site improve and maybe get more people to stick around. Id like people to be able to post a thread and actually get a few responses within a day or so. Seems like (I guess depends on the subforum) theres not much of that here.

So can we please ditch the dump ass long and convoluted password? There is no reason a forum like this need a Capital letter, a lower case letter, a number, and a special character in my password. LOL I mean its just a forum about swapping diesels??? If anyone is like me, you have a certain password that you may use for sites like this and it doesn't meet the requirements here. So I'll create a different password that conforms to the password rules, but then I'll forget it in a month or a week (I may not check out the site that often). A lot of times I don't want to bother reseting the password, or Ill just attept entering what I think it may be and use up all 5 trys and then BOOM LOCKED OUT. F it, I'll just go to another forum. Its happened.

Also, plenty of other forums out there keep you logged in. Why the F does 4bt swaps kick me off so often? I go back to the same opened tab, on the same computer the next day and then I have to login again. I don't have that problem on a couple other forums I'm on. Its IRRITATION having to log back in again all the time, especially when the password might not be the one you always use, and then you have to think about it.

No access to the classifieds without being a member and being signed in??? Way to thank the members that post here. More likely to sell something if people can view the classifieds not logged in, or maybe there not a member. Who cares? I want members and non members to see the add I have up on this site. I want the item to sell!!! Thats what its listed for. I had a 4bd2t listed here a while back for I think a month or longer. OK, no one wanted it, so I sold it on ebay for 500-1000 dollars more. Well maybe it would have sold here if non members could have seen the add (or just members who aren't signed in).

So thats pretty much it. Thanks for hearing me out!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ha, I was logged in when I typed all of that above, and when I went to click "post thread", it asked me to log in again. THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. FIX THIS PLEASE!!!!

·
Administrator
285 Posts
Hey there,

For the password requirements, those must stay intact due to security issues. Until we get HTTPS onto the forum, we can possibly minimize that.
If you can't remember your password often, I would suggest keeping it somewhere such as Google Keep, Evernote, or a txt file on your computer.

Whether you are logged in or not, this is controlled by cookies. So it could be that your browser is set up to not allow cookies from the site, or is clearing them too regularly.
Check your settings, and if they are good then it could a corrupted cookie file causing it, so try cleaning out cookies and cache for your browser.

The classified section is set that way and for most of our forums. Users must have an account and meet at least 10 posts in order to have access to it.
This is to prevent users to come into the site just to sell.

Ed

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok well thanks for the straightforward answers. Once again, thanks for not flooding this forum with adds. The ones at the top of the page are plenty and necessary to pay for a free forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts