Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, so yesterday i decided to put a 3600 gov spring in my ve pumped 4bt. i also changed a few o rings and gaskets. after i reinstalled the pump and bled the fuel system it idles low and sounds like its not firing on all 4. i opened each injector line and #2 squirted 2-3 foot up solid stream. the other 3 were more of a mist. it does run up too 3600 rpm now and if i hold the throttle down it will stop shaking so bad and sound like its running very strong (it normally shakes pretty hard) but now its almost weak like its trying to die. just wondering if i could get some advice, maybe i got some trash in the pump while it was open? i did not turn the pump while it was out of the jeep, i used the locking bolt thing before i removed it. so it wouldnt be out of time correct?
any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Have you adjusted the idle stop after installing the spring?
You may just have the idle too low.

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
Are you sure that governor spring is 3600. I see listing for 3200, 3800, and 4200 RPM. In general, anything above 3200 really isn't recommended.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Warming it up in drive with the parking brake on is a bad idea for a few reasons. First, the brake could fail and your vehicle could easily take off on its own. Next you're building up unnecessary heat and stress on a cold transmission. Lastly, literally no one else does this or recommends it so its probably Kodi nox a horrible idea.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Warming it up in drive with the parking brake on is a bad idea for a few reasons. First, the brake could fail and your vehicle could easily take off on its own. Next you're building up unnecessary heat and stress on a cold transmission. Lastly, literally no one else does this or recommends it so its probably a horrible idea.

What are you replying to? Do not see any mention of parking braking in this thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts