Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Cummins made a lower coolant neck that points towards the front of the engine instead of down? If so, where could I find a part number for that? Thanks, Jed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I could see some fresh welds when I was looking at your engine in your Dodge. I guess that's what I'll have to do. Thanks! Jed

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have always made mine by taking the 45 degree and cutting it in half. Then rotate the two pieces so they are straight and Tig her back.

However, yesterday a friend gave me a Cummins Part number for a straight connection. I have not yet confirmed this to be correct or even a good number. But the number he gave me is 3934876 Water Inlet Connection, Straight

Paul

·
Registered
696 Posts
My 6bt has a short straight inlet, I can get a P/N or a picture if you are intersted. I am just going to put a 90* silicone bend on it to the rad. This will then clear the belt.If cummins made a forward facing one it would probably be short and interfere with the belt routing.

Gaza

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have always made mine by taking the 45 degree and cutting it in half. Then rotate the two pieces so they are straight and Tig her back.

However, yesterday a friend gave me a Cummins Part number for a straight connection. I have not yet confirmed this to be correct or even a good number. But the number he gave me is 3934876 Water Inlet Connection, Straight

Paul
WOW! Apparently that part number is good, and the inlet is made of platinum/titanium mix with a diamond studded gasket. $200. Oh well. I guess I'll continue making my 'frankenhose'

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I mill off the 45 degree one and weld a piece of straight tubing on. Works great for any non-dodge accesories. Doesn't interfere with the belt at all.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You may try contacting a CASE heavy equiptment dealership, Case uses Cummins, and when I have priced parts with them before, it's sometimes half as expensive. Its like buying Sams Choice pop from Wal-Mart, almost the exact same stuff, but without the name brand price. :beer:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Read somewhere that the lower inlet on the stationary engines is straight out the front, but I can't confirm that...

-Scotty

·
Registered
393 Posts
The part number listed above is in fact the front inlet piece. I will try CASE tomorrow. Hopefully they will have something for a little less.

·
Registered
168 Posts
outlet

cut a plate punch out the center and make the tubes fit anyway you want....won't be anymore difficult than building an engine mount...have a sample photo of one we built if you'd like to see it...drop me an email address and I'll send it, will be later this week as I'm headed out.

·
Registered
808 Posts
cut a plate punch out the center and make the tubes fit anyway you want....won't be anymore difficult than building an engine mount...have a sample photo of one we built if you'd like to see it...drop me an email address and I'll send it, will be later this week as I'm headed out.
Mallo;
What is a plate punch cut ? I am not familiar with that term ?

Paul

·
Registered
179 Posts
I thiink he means

To make a flat plate and punch a water inlet hole into it . Then weld up an elbow or whatever you want .

·
Registered
168 Posts
Connection

cut out a plate and either punch the center out for the water flow or use a hole saw, you can use your existing connection for a pattern for the mounting bolts...we built one that is a little odd but works extremely well....we use stainless

·
Registered
915 Posts
The engine I got from a ford had a down neck, but it was all steel. I used some exhaust els and snaked it over the frame and to the front. I think it took three carfully cut and rotated sections to get it right. It was a major pain, but works.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts