Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get everything ready for this weekend, but one of the things that I still havent figured out is how the modulator on the turbo 475s work. I thought that it turned like the shift linkage, but after puting in a new O-ring, it seems that it is controled by the center bolt putting pressure on a spring. Can anyone post up some pics of how you are controling them, or give any sugestions?? I will not be driving it on the street, and so I would like the quickest/hardest shift possible :rasta: Well back to work, and I will check back later...thanks for the help guys :beer:

·
Registered
915 Posts
I am trying to get everything ready for this weekend, but one of the things that I still havent figured out is how the modulator on the turbo 475s work. I thought that it turned like the shift linkage, but after puting in a new O-ring, it seems that it is controled by the center bolt putting pressure on a spring. Can anyone post up some pics of how you are controling them, or give any sugestions?? I will not be driving it on the street, and so I would like the quickest/hardest shift possible :rasta: Well back to work, and I will check back later...thanks for the help guys :beer:
Just going by how the vacuum modules work and what the bolt conversion looking module appears to be....I am going to say screwing the bolt in will increase shift RPM and firmness and that unscrewing will do just the opposite.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That is what I was thinking, but I guess I will find out for sure this weekend ;) Thanks again turbo, have a :beer: on me...

·
Registered
915 Posts
Lemme know how it goes. I have one of those and a cable modulator both. I am debating on which one to use with my 6bt/th475 setup.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am running one

I have this setup in my truck I beleive you are right screwing it in makes it shift harder and later. With this setup adjusted to shift hard it makes the trans not want to upshift until the enjine is screaming pretty good when it is cold, works great when its warmed up. I have found that you can get it to shift earlier if you start out in drive and then pull it down into second and then put it back up into drive it will shift, then repeat to get third. Again this only happens when the trans is cold, do to the fluid being thicker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts