Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to say that the factory gas pump produces 16 gpm at 39psi. It has an internal regulator set at 123psi in case a fuel filter or something collapses.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found it today. The relief valve on the p7100 pump opens at approximately 25psi. The lift pump produces a minimum of 20psi. I am going to see what the psi is then I hook it all back up, and probably just not use a regulator unless it is really high for now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
are you sure the stock in tank pump is 16gpm?
More likely 16 gpH
45psi at the inlet to the IP is a good number.
The stock piston pump is around 20-45psi.

I would just ditch the intank pump.........

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your correct, it was 15gph. I misread that little piece of info. Thanks for pointing it out.

The fuel tank is about 15 feet from the engine. If I just used the stock puller pump then I would have some serious vapor lock problems I think. I will try it both ways though. Plus the stock fuel lines are kinda on the smaller side. I am sure I wont have the fuel pump hooked up when I am finish wiring the engine, so I can at least fire it up and bask in the glory.

Down the road I am going to build a fuel tank for this project. I have the plans already sketched out. Right now I HAVE to get it moving under its own power. Kinda on a 2 year overdue time table, just like most everyone:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts