Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts

Since this I have taken out that crossmember and made it a lote more "high clearance". But you can see how I had to make my engine mounts. The front mount on the driver's side would hit the steering box so I used the mid mount on that side with the front mount on the passenger side. Everything worked out okay and the rig is now my daily driver. I'm planning on puttin a whole detailed writeup with more pics on my website.

·
Registered
808 Posts
She is a great looking Ranger, nice work.

How do you like the ZF small block behind the Cummins ? I am onsidering this move on my next repower since i already have the ford flywheel housing adapter. Any advice or cautions on the ZF

Paul

·
Registered
713 Posts
She is a great looking Ranger, nice work.

How do you like the ZF small block behind the Cummins ? I am onsidering this move on my next repower since i already have the ford flywheel housing adapter. Any advice or cautions on the ZF

Paul
I love the ZF personally. I run all ford smallblock stuff from the flywheel back.

I use a LUK pro gold clutch made for a truck with a 351w.

All ford hydraulic clutch setup.

It's a beautiful thing. My 4th gear is hurtin for a synchro though I need to shift kinda slow to get it to not grind.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I love the ZF personally. I run all ford smallblock stuff from the flywheel back.

I use a LUK pro gold clutch made for a truck with a 351w.

All ford hydraulic clutch setup.

It's a beautiful thing. My 4th gear is hurtin for a synchro though I need to shift kinda slow to get it to not grind.
I dont have a ZF S542 yet. Is the hydraulic clutch internal or external. If internal, have you or do you know of any mods to run a external slave ?

Paul

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am building a Ranger project also. Supposed to pick up my 4BTAA in 2 weeks. If you had to do it over, would you do a body lift to get more hood clearance?
what year ranger? if its a 98+ find yourself an EDGE powerdome hood for more clearance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Awesome truck Mook!

Not what I'd want to build, but KEWL all the same!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Clutches SUCK. I like this LUK pro gold so far but I'm sick of shifting. The 4th gear syncro in the ZF is worn so shifts into 4th are not happening.

I think I'm pullin the cummins out and selling off the rest then slappin the engine in a stock bronco or 5.0 explorer with 3" body lift. I'll be using either an E4OD or a 4R70W respectively.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts