Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.

I've been working on the motor plate this weekend and found that the brackets on the motor are not even. The driver side bracket is lower then the passenger side. Then we discovered that the passenger side bracket is the same as the driver side except it's mounted upside down. Anyone else has this also? These are the stock mount brackets.

Thanks,
Eugene

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it's a chevy p30. The motor sat upright in the van. It's just odd and makes make the motor mounts a little difficult.

Eugene

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just fab your own up. pretty easy if you got a vise, a sazall, and some 1/4 plate.
Yes, I am making my own mounts. I was wonder if this is common thing or it's just this van.

Eugene

·
Registered
58 Posts
4BT Offset Motor Mounts

Hey folks.

I've been working on the motor plate this weekend and found that the brackets on the motor are not even. The driver side bracket is lower then the passenger side. Then we discovered that the passenger side bracket is the same as the driver side except it's mounted upside down. Anyone else has this also? These are the stock mount brackets.

Thanks,
Eugene
My 4BT came with the same offset motor mounts. I fabbed my frame mounts to match the offset mounts and used 91 Dodge 6BT motor mounts from NAPA. The lower driver's side mount was needed to clear my steering shaft.

Lewis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts