Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these motor mounts today. They appear to be almost brand new without any traces of grease or oil on them. Fine, but what are they? Anybody know what they're from? Very similar to 4BT gel mounts but much smaller and lighter, only about 7" tall. Pictures aren't the greatest, sorry...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The mounts pictured are two part mounts. The lower is a ribbed steel casting that the upper mount part bolts to with one bolt. The round part looks very similar to the stock 4BT/GM mounts from a breadvan but hardly half the size. On the casting one says DD401, with an L cast in. The other mount says DD0403, and has a cast in small circle with a crosshairs over the circle, and has the letters ER and numbers 33T cast in. Does that circle with crosshairs ring any bells with anybody as a vehicle trademeark or something?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more time....?

Okay, I took another pic this morning. Still can't get my camera to flash it up bright enough, but may help some anyway. This pic shows one of the new mounts assembled on the left, one taken apart in the center, and on the right a stock 4BT breadvan mount. As you can see these are maybe 2/3 the size of stockers or thereabouts. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks. Well, picture didn't upload, so next post....

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try again:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still haven't identified these mounts! Any of the newcomers since I last posted recognize them? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Still haven't identified these mounts! Any of the newcomers since I last posted recognize them? Thanks for any help.
Well, I am not a new commer, but the look like Lord Fluidlastic to me.
The mounts that look juts like yours came on the last bunch of 4BTs I bought that had Ford Adapters. I will get the numbers off the mounts
late tomorrow morning and post. Lord does have a web site google Lord Fluidlastic.

Paul

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Paul! The mounts on the P30 donor truck were Lord Fluidlastic, but these are about 1/3 smaller than those were. Also these have a different bolt configuration and a cast steel 'foot'. I'll search out that website, thanks again!

·
Registered
808 Posts
JimmieD;
JimmieD;

Here is the Lord Fluidlastic Mounts on the Ford Equipped Cummins I got.

The Info moulded in the rubber is;
Lord Fluidlastic
J-18569-10
Green

The Metal Base Cup is 4.0" diameter
The overall length of the mount, less the studs is 4.0"
The Stop Stud is 7/16" x 1.0" long
The Bottom (2) studs are 3/8" x 1.0" long with 2.750" between centers

They are different than what you have, Going from memory, I thought they were larger. Moral, dont trust my memory

Paul

Paul

·
Registered
11 Posts
JimmieD;
JimmieD;

Here is the Lord Fluidlastic Mounts on the Ford Equipped Cummins I got.

The Info moulded in the rubber is;
Lord Fluidlastic
J-18569-10
Green

The Metal Base Cup is 4.0" diameter
The overall length of the mount, less the studs is 4.0"
The Stop Stud is 7/16" x 1.0" long
The Bottom (2) studs are 3/8" x 1.0" long with 2.750" between centers

They are different than what you have, Going from memory, I thought they were larger. Moral, dont trust my memory

Paul

Paul
Priced these at Astro-Tex here in Texas these things were $211 each!!!:puke: Are they that good?? I am putting a 4BT into Jeep Commando and thought they might be the best choice to lessen the vibes. Thanks!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Priced these at Astro-Tex here in Texas these things were $211 each!!!:puke: Are they that good?? I am putting a 4BT into Jeep Commando and thought they might be the best choice to lessen the vibes. Thanks!
I use 1989-1993 Dodge CTD isolators on my trucks. Never thried these Lord's. To expensive for me. I have no problem with the Dodge Isolators

Paul

·
Registered
66 Posts
Same here, I'm using the dodge first gen mounts in my 3500, and it's not bad at all. Actually, on shutdown, the dodge mounts allow for a good amount of flex for the engine to 'waller' around...

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Let me just say this, The fluid mounts at $211 each with unknown availability and longevity verses the stock 1989 Dodge Cummins at $23 each with almost unlimited availability and known to have a life expectancy of at least 15 years makes it an easy choice for me. At 10 times the cost of the Dodge mounts the fluid mounts wont be used on anything I put together. I have driven vans with both types of mounts and the fluid mounts might be ten percent better than the Dodge mounts, not ten times better.

Jimmie, I tried to find out what your mounts are for but had no luck. They look alot like the P30 gasser mounts but no definite id so far.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Paul, Bob and all who kicked in! Eventually I'll probably use CTD mounts too, for just those reasons, Bob!

I measured my mounts to compare to those you have, Paul. Overall height, less studs of fluid mount is 2 3/4". Mine have an additional plate on the end with the single bolt. That plate has a lip that comes up the side of the motor mount, apparently to limit lateral movement. Plate and fluidlastic mount is all one piece. From bottom of that plate to top of metal cap is 2 3/4". Metal cap measures roughly 3 3/4" across, and it's 1 3/8" center to center on the double bolts in cap. Mounts have a cast steel bracket that's at an angle, with overall height about 3 3/4" at center of angle portion. The single bolt on other end of mount fastens to angled metal bracket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts