Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello whats every one using for motor mounts for jeeps any one use the mounts from the bread vans

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
hello whats every one using for motor mounts for jeeps any one use the mounts from the bread vans
If you do a quick search for "motor mounts" you will find a multi-page thread on nothing but :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 4bt in my 90 yj for about 5000 miles .I made my mount out of the van and used 4in channell iron.First you have to drill bolt holes to fit the middle mounting holes on the motor then a 8in piece of channel straight out from the motorand another one the same for the frame side put the fluid mounts from the van in the middle remember to adjust for the compression of the mount so your motor hight will be correct

Pat

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sound like it would be easy do you have pics

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
motor mount

sorry its a 95 yj it has a 350 in it now

·
Registered
16 Posts
custom fabbed

i used the bread van mounts on the engine because they angle the engine the way that it should be....I used wood shims to prop it up and get it just the way i wanted it.....when you do this before you weld them up go to the back of the jeep and center your vision from the pumpkin and look towards the transmission. This is the only true test to see if the transmission is aligned properly. mount it a little towards the driver side so that you have turbo clearance....I had a welding place fab them up for me for a grand total of $492 i will post some pictures up soon

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great i like to see them so i have an idea to make mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts