Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
4,157 Posts
If the AOD uses the small block Ford pattern the following may apply:

From the FAQ thread:
http://4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32 Post #9:

The following part numbers are found in the Ford 4BT automatic transmission vans. Info from the Yahoo 4BT group. I have no additional information:

Adapter - 3912601 FH9043
Flexplate - 3918957
Clamping ring - 3904361
Crank adapter, (hub?) - 3907620
Torq converter adapter - 3907619

Note: Cummins referenced part numbers are frequently updated by Cummins so these listed numbers may only provide a starting point for cross referencing.

It appears you may be the "pioneer" going into this area so please update us on how you intend to increase the pump pressures at lower RPM's, the method you use to lower and control the shift points, and information about the custom torque converter required for the required lower stall speed.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I talked to a guy that put an AOD behind a 4bt and he said it worked great stock even with the stock converter. I actually bought his flexplate and TC adapter. It's the same as the chevy one just with 2 pieces welded to the wave ring for the 4 bolt TC and a sleeve inside the crank adapter piece. That's it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the AOD uses the small block Ford pattern the following may apply:

From the FAQ thread:
http://4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32 Post #9:

The following part numbers are found in the Ford 4BT automatic transmission vans. Info from the Yahoo 4BT group. I have no additional information:

Adapter - 3912601 FH9043
Flexplate - 3918957
Clamping ring - 3904361
Crank adapter, (hub?) - 3907620
Torq converter adapter - 3907619

Note: Cummins referenced part numbers are frequently updated by Cummins so these listed numbers may only provide a starting point for cross referencing.

It appears you may be the "pioneer" going into this area so please update us on how you intend to increase the pump pressures at lower RPM's, the method you use to lower and control the shift points, and information about the custom torque converter required for the required lower stall speed.

These are the numbers to hook up the C6, correct?

·
Administrator
4,157 Posts
These are the numbers to hook up the C6, correct?
I believe so. From the memory of previous discussions it was used in some industrial applications such as the little tug tow tractors that pull baggage carts at airports. This particular "parts set" appears to be the rarest of the rare.

Moontank has the right idea. Get the Chevy automatic set and swap engine adapter from the Chevy to the Ford pattern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts