Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

Mtdi

5K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  adkins 
#1 ·
so i have a engine on the way right now and i am looking into a MTDI pump as for me this is the best option..

i am looking at a few options but i want to figure out what are the top few options.

i have looked into a modded 4bt pump ready to but the price is way to much at almost 1900

there is this one http://www.hansautoparts.com/product-detail.aspx?RebuiltMTDIPump.htm how good or bad is this pump

there is also fitting AAZ pump but i dont know if it would support 230lbs of torque could this pump be made to do what i need?

and then there is the rover pump from the 300TDI..

is there any other pumps i am missing?

#5 ·
i would just prefer not to do it.. it kinda defeats half the reason i bought the truck with a lack of electronics.. i mean if i could just wire it into the existing computer and use that to run it would be one thing.. but i just would rather put a MTDI pump on to it and just figure out how to make my coolant, oil presure gauge and tac work..

#6 ·
All gauges from the tdi are fed by sending units. Only the tach gets signal from the ecm. on my jeep I have completely removed the original ecm and wired in basic necessities with the tdi ecm. I suggest you head over to tdiclub.com and start reading. Do a search for witbread on here and read some of his posts regarding the etdi vs mtdi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.