Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i couldnt stand the straight pipe in a truck, so i know it would suck in a enclosed vehicle. i didnt like the glasspack either... too much drone.

my buddy with a yj hated straight pipe, so did a buddy with a blazer. the blazer guy went stock p30 muffler, but this is much more quiet.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Nice website and lots of products, but I couldn't find the part either. Everything has 5-6 digit part numbers, nothing I saw was only 3 digit like #101. Any more info McInfantry? Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It says the double wall series (HPM) are special order only.
Did you use 3" diameter inlet/outlet?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3" in and out. his name is mike forbes.

But if you want the quietest muffler, I would suggest just going with a 3" single offset stock o.e. type muffler. This # 101 (most restrictive) is $51.24, and will be the quietest for you application, and what I would recommend.
i did not look at my invoice.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
The (most restrictive) refers only to the range of selection on the website, correct? (not restrictive as a design intention I hope). I've been considering 3" throughout (my motor won't be too modified) and value your experienced opinion. So many guys w/bigger displacement go blindly right to 4" or even 5" systems... ...but sometime a little back-pressure resistance can actually flow smoother and more volume(!) Thanks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
correct. i think it is restrictive compared to the "performance" ones, not restrictive by design. i have a boost/pyro and will try and run it in the next couple of days/weeks. i dont think it will be a negative impact. plenty of volume comes out the pipe (not scientific). just not alot of noise. mind you i have only run this in an enclosed shop..... maybe ill run it a little today....

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Good, let us know mcinfantry. I'm sick and tired of my droning stock muffler and I'm in the market right now, especially at that price.

And yeah, maybe you could dig up that invoice or get us more info on which exact muffler you bought? They seem to sell about 3,000-4,000 diferent units hah!?? Thanks

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Did you get a chance to get any updates on that part number? Thanks!

JimmieD

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Yeah, I can't believe he'd quickly forget you haha! Thanks bro, I'll check it out. And i really appreciate you posting this in the first place!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what are the diamensions of your muffler? maybe i can find it that way.....
i thought i listed the dimensions in my first post, assuming you are asking me....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts