Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
where are you getting your cng? do you pump it at home or go some place locally... i'm betting this is the fuel of our near future... if i could pump it at home i'd already run my chevy on it.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
where are you getting your cng? do you pump it at home or go some place locally... i'm betting this is the fuel of our near future... if i could pump it at home i'd already run my chevy on it.
the good thing about cng is that it can be sourced from other feedstocks instead of just petroleum like lpg... in sweden and germany there are already some stations which sell biomethane...

·
Registered
351 Posts
they are currently working on changing over to CNG for some 2 stroke locomotive engines. The either use a plug in the air box to heat things up or turn the diesel way down and use the diesel fuel as the igniter. I talked to a guy recently that was setting up these conversions.

·
Registered
704 Posts
If it needed sspark plugs those would be huge

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you run it on gasoline also? What change does it give you in terms of mileage and engine efficiency when running on diesel and CNG seperately?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
For all that is interested in the mileage of a dedicated cng I've been getting on average 13 mpg. So at 1.76 a gallon my truck costs .1311 cents per mile with a range of 250 miles.

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you ever get a chance would be cool to see another video .

21 - 34 of 34 Posts