Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Awesome tubes! Looks like a giant spider moved in and lives on top of your engine!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance, but what exactly am I looking at? What is that in front of your radiator? Is it a large intercooler?

I am building a Bronco as well and am very interested in what you've done.

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes it is a intercooler that i modified to fit the tight confines of the early bronco, it is from a volvo garbage truck that i cut down to fit. the rest is a 70 bronco, AOD, np203,np205 doubler and front and rear 60's. was time to replace the old worn out 302 efi motor and got a smokin deal on this 4bt.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What gears are in the axles . I have a 4bt that I'm going to put in a ranger and use a 203/205 doubler. I'm planning on using 4.10 gears with 38's I think that will be low enough with a 4bt??????

·
Registered
49 Posts
yes it is a intercooler that i modified to fit the tight confines of the early bronco, it is from a volvo garbage truck that i cut down to fit. the rest is a 70 bronco, AOD, np203,np205 doubler and front and rear 60's. was time to replace the old worn out 302 efi motor and got a smokin deal on this 4bt.
How did you fit in the 203/205 in? How is the driveline length and angle?

I definately need to see more pictures!(please):)

Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you for all the kind words. having owned a bronco for many years ive learned there is the 10:1 rule...if i want to change 1 thing i have to change 10 others to make it work/fit. how i fit the 203/205 combo was with a lot of measuring and just making things fit where they didnt...no body lift so i had to extend the transmission tunnel further back. the driveline angle is better then stock due mostly in part that i run a high pinion D60 in the rear.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i didnt start out wanting to cross the intercooler pipes it just kinda happened. i originally was going to run the HY with my cut 6bt manifold angled down. but after actually test fitting it would interfere with my suspension, 14" king coilovers. so i had to flip the manifold angled up, well this left me only able to clock it so it exited facing the valve cover. so then i had to cut into the hood and either run the exiting pipe over the top of the valve cover and turn 180 degrees and back down to the right side of the intercooler or the way i did it, and just thought it would look cleaner this way.

·
Registered
425 Posts
What gears are in the axles . I have a 4bt that I'm going to put in a ranger and use a 203/205 doubler. I'm planning on using 4.10 gears with 38's I think that will be low enough with a 4bt??????
That's what I'll be running once I get my 38 mounted (right now I've on little 35s). Not sure which tranny you'll be using (ford unit or swap something else in) so overdrive will help determine your cruiser rpm at "X" mph. Have you used the rpm calculators found online? That helped me when deciding on gearing and I'll be around 1800-1900 cruising 70mph on the 38s.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Your work looks really nice and it sounds like a really sweet rig!

What turbo is that? maybe i missed it...

Make sure you have your oil pressure line as close to vertical as possible. I thought you normally could clock the compressor housing in any direction you wanted, my HX35 i can and did. Mine has a 90* fitting coming out of the compressor housing to where it went to the intercooler on the 95 CTD Ram that it came from.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts